Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Had an intersting day...

I woke up feeling nauseous and exhausted. Stomach's been a little queasy for a few days now. Between feeling sick and the dog barking half the night, I hardly slept. I "texted" in sick to the office but worked from home anyways.

Here's the interesting part... The message that I preached this past weekend at church had failed to record due to a technical glitch. I was disappointed because I wanted my mom and my Vegas friends to hear it. Steve suggested I just set up a mic and preach it again. Hmmm...

So today I set up a home "studio" in my bedroom using my laptop and the mic from our Beatles Rock Band game. I moved our bird out of the room, silenced the phone's ringer, and banned everyone from the back of the house. Then I put my notes on a music stand and hit record and preached to the walls. It was weird at first but once I got going it was actually kind of fun. No time constraints so I could use all the material I wanted (though some would say I didn't seem to be bothered by time constraints Sunday!)

You can listen to it here. Just picture me all by myself, preaching into a Wii microphone plugged into my laptop and you'll get the picture.

No comments: