Sunday, January 3, 2010

Best Moments of 2009

I know I'm a little late on this but I wanted to weigh in on what I think are some of the best moments our family experienced in 2009. So here they are, in no particular order...

Our "Fireproof" small group at Hope Baptist in Las Vegas, NV.

Being ordained to the gospel ministry by Hope Baptist.

Staying at the bed & breakfast in historic Hiram, GA while we were visiting Church at the Ridge

Being called to be the new Creative Arts Pastor at Church at the Ridge in Hiram, GA

Getting to stay at a really cool old house in Woodstock for free.

Getting a new MacBook Pro for FREE!!! (And a free iPod touch came with it!)

Going to the U2 360 tour at the Georgia Dome with my son, Erik, and his friends.

Making some great new friends at our new church. Our new small group ROCKS!

Getting to preach on marriage at C@TR.

Getting a surprise visit from the Milligan family from Vegas!

Finally getting Beatles Rock Band this Christmas.

Celebrating 22 years of marriage to the most amazing, godly woman in the known universe. I love you, sweet-pea!


For what it's worth, here is my Top Ten of the best music from 2009 (again in no particular order):

U2 - "No Line on the Horizon"
Switchfoot - "Hello Hurricane"
Cheap Trick - "The Latest" & "Sgt. Pepper Live"
David Crowder Band - "Church Music"
Coldplay - "LeftRightLeftRight"
Fee - "Hope Rising"
Muse - "The Resistance"
needtobreathe - "The Outsiders"

Honorable Mention: Black Eyed Peas - "I Gotta Feeling" (single)
Ok, so I HATE this band but I cannot deny this is a catchy song!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Sounds like a great year! I had to comment b/c I had read in Steve's blog that the series after next is Outsiders and I had made a mental note to ask if you guys might play needtobreathe's excellent song The Outsiders. So seeing it on your top ten makes me hopeful :)