Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Transformers 2 Stinks!!!

I don't have a lot of time as we are in the middle of packing our lives into cardboard boxes. But I did want to take a few minutes to warn all my friends and family (and anyone else who might stumble across this) to AVOID TRANSFORMERS 2: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN AT ALL COSTS!!!

I absolutely love the first Transformers movie; it was smart, hip, clever, action-packed and probably has the best special effects I have ever seen. But Michael Bay doesn't seem to understand what made the first movie such a success because the sequel seems completely devoid of any of these elements. The story is weak and difficult to follow. The dialogue sounds like it was written by a couple of 8th graders with a pinache for potty humor. The profanity is gratuitous as is the sexual content. Why is Megan Fox always so sweaty looking? She always looks like she hasn't showered in a week. And I haven't the time to go into the racist stereotypes! Where'a Al Sharpton when you really need him?

If I could sum it up in a word, it would be: LAME. Remember the last of the old-school Batman movies, that stink-fest with George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzeneggar? It's THAT bad. Seriously.

Not only should you not waste your money, but you should definitely NOT take the kiddies to see this one.

There. You've been warned. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to packing. Later!

No comments: