Friday, June 12, 2009

Pastor Jerry?!

We have had a LOT of surprises in the past few days, some of them not very pleasant. But we got a very nice one today when the staff here at Hope Baptist gave me a surprise lunch of Dickie's BBQ complete with homemade banana pudding (yum!) They brought Cheryl and the kids in and honored us for the last seven years of serving at Hope. But then they really surprised me by presenting me with a framed certificate of ordination into the gospel ministry. My pastor, Vance Pitman told everyone that during the past seven years they have observed my life, my character, and the evidence that the call to full time Christian ministry is on my life. Then the whole staff gathered around and laid hands on our family and prayed over us to send us out.

It was a truly sweet time and we were moved to tears. It has been such a joy serving God at Hope Baptist and we absolutely love the people there. And the honor of being ordained and sent out by that leadership team is something I do not take lightly!

As for the less pleasant surprises, Cheryl found out that she may have to have surgery before we move. This will not only take her out of commission of packing and moving but will prevent her from working extra days and earning some much-needed funds for the transition. Most importantly, my li'l sweet-pea will be hurting and that's not okay with me! Please pray for God to heal her, whether by doctors or by His direct touch, and that her recovery would be quick and painless. God has already been good to us by providing great pastors on both sides of the move, who are working together to make sure we are covered with insurance. What a blessing!

No comments: