Thursday, February 25, 2010

American Idol Finalist Predictions, Pt. 2: The Guys

Ok so everyone is talking about how much better the girls are this year but I thought the guys were much stronger this opening week. It's tougher for me to narrow it down to six, anyways. Keep in mind that my predictions are not based on who I personally would like to see in the Top 12, but rather who I think probably will end up there. So here we go...

1. Andrew Garcia - Our personal fave, as well as most other peoples, too. This guy is awesome! He has an amazing voice as well as a savvy for picking cool songs and giving them his own little jazz-indie spin. Plus he's all kinds of humble and likable. Look for this guy to go Top 3 for sure.

2. Casey James - I know, I know, I wanted to hate him, too, especially with the gooey Kara love affair thing happening. But it turns out he's not just a pretty boy, he can actually sing and his guitar chops are not bad, either. He's definitely the total package in terms of garnering votes and potentially selling records. And he kept his shirt on last night, so that's a big plus.

3. Todrick Hall - I thought he was much better than the judges gave him credit for. He is a natural performer and has tons of experience being a dancer for so long.

4. Aaron Kelly - The new David Archuleta. Nice kid. Nice voice. Kinda boring but will probably make it to the Top 12.

5. Alex Lambert - I think he's going to surprise a lot of people in the next few weeks. His voice has very cool raspy, tone and his dorky, shy, awkward stage presence is actually refreshing and fun to watch. I like this kid a lot and I hope he makes it. It would be cool to see him develop if given a chance.

6. Lee Dewyze - As much as I like Big Mike and Taylor the hippie Jim Morrison wannabe, I think Lee is more cut out for the Idol Experience. Or he could fall prey to the Shadow of David Cook and suffer by unfortunate comparison.


I hope that Jermaine Sellers goes home immediately. His voice is annoying and he is so full of himself it's nauseating. Those high notes he brags about hitting are so painfully bad I don't think I can take another week of him.

Also, Tim Urban has to go. Let Disney Channel have him. I mean, seriously, dude, you get a second chance like that and you do that lame song? You deserve to go home.

Who goes home first? I think John Parks already has his bags packed. "God Bless the Child"? Seriously? Joining him on a long bus ride home will most likely be Joe Munoz, the incredibly boring and forgettable Latino crooner. But I hope it's Jermaine Sellers. Please, oh, please let it be Jermaine Sellers!

For the ladies, I fear Lacey Brown's Idol dreams are about to get a wake up call. And joining Lacy will probably be Janelle Wheeler. So boring and forgettable I couldn't even remember her until I looked at the list of contestants.

We'll see tonight!

No comments: